New at ODLS: Cross-cultural Communications workshop
The goal: To improve your capability to more effectively work with individuals and teams that span across cultural geographies. This awareness-raising session can be delivered in formats of 90 minutes and up to 4 hours.
The Learning Objectives:
- Develop awareness of cultural norms across diverse cultures that impact how people work together in a business context.
- Increase effectiveness of team communications and handling conflict resolutions across cultures.
The Six Dimensions of Culture:
- Time: Short-term versus Long-term orientation
- Power: Egalitarian versus Hierarchical
- Communication: High/Low-context
- Conflict: Emotionally Expressive versus Restrained
- Identity: Individual/Group orientation
- Structure: Flexible versus Orderliness (Uncertainty avoidance)
The design of the session is scenario-based to help participants apply their understanding of different cultural norms to situations where communications break down and then debate what the barriers where and what could have been improved.
For more information contact:email@example.com.
March 14, 2019