MassGrad summary briefs highlight programs' strategies to improve high school dropout rates
The purpose of the Massachusetts High School Graduation Initiative (“MassGrad”) led by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) was to reduce the statewide dropout rate using several evidence-based strategies in Massachusetts high schools and community colleges, while also implementing state-level support to the local activities.
The Institute developed a series of summary briefs highlighting promising practices and program successes and challenges for each of several intervention strategies:
- Adult Advocates for Student Support
- Alternative Pathways to a High School Diploma
- Expansion of the School Year
- The Gateway to College Program
- Online Courses for Credit Recovery
- Positive School Climate and Socio-emotional Systems of Support
- Service Learning and Work-Based Learning
The summary briefs’ main purpose is to support school personnel throughout Massachusetts who plan to conduct or are already conducting similar programs.
July 01, 2016Go Back