CareerWorks assists business owners, job seekers, and current workers in navigating the challenges of today’s economy.
As the Massachusetts One-Stop Career Center serving the Brockton, Massachusetts region and through partnerships with local and state economic development agencies, CareerWorks helps businesses access qualified workers, advance the skills of their incumbent workers, and apply for grants and services that go toward strengthening their organizations. In addition, we offer an array of vocational and skills training options as well as job placement assistance to unemployed and displaced workers.
CareerWorks is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the specialized expertise of the UMass Donahue Institute, and the University as a whole, in areas such as economic research and forecasting, labor market analysis, organizational development, education, and training to support the diverse needs of its customers.
Recent News & Updates
- New England Head Start training group a major contributor to annual meeting
- Grant renewed to run one-stop career center in Brockton (CareerWorks)
- New CareerWorks website tailored to fit users’ needs
- Brockton Enterprise: CareerWorks part of a coalition to end homelessness in Brockton
- CareerWorks orientation sessions assist with career transitions
- Fiscal Year 2015 was busy, successful for CareerWorks
- CareerWorks partners with City of Brockton for Working Cities Design Grant
- CareerWorks partners with Massasoit Community College to provide MCAS assistance