The Economic & Public Policy Research group (EPPR) provides unbiased analyses on economic, demographic, workforce, and other public policy issues in Massachusetts, New England, and beyond. As a leading provider of applied economic and public policy research, we help our clients make informed decisions about strategic policy, planning, and investment issues. We produce in-depth studies that help clients build credibility, quantify impacts, gain visibility, educate constituents, prioritize investment, and plan economic development initiatives.
EPPR’s client-driven project assignments are supplemented and supported by long-term roles tracking the economic and demographic trends in Massachusetts and New England. For example, as the official State Data Center we have unparalleled economic and demographic data experience and expertise in Massachusetts, including all US Census data products.
We also lead MassBenchmarks, an economic journal that presents timely information concerning the performance of and prospects for the Massachusetts economy, including economic analyses of key industries that make up the economic base of the state. Our affiliation with the University of Massachusetts positions us to tap into resources and expertise from the five-campus University system to promote the public’s understanding of critical economic and policy issues.
Recent News & Updates
- The Bedford Citizen: Economic outlook discussed for Middlesex County
- MassLive: UMass gambling survey shows economic gains, shifting views in Massachusetts
- Salem News: MassBenchmarks editor gives his thoughts on the 2019 Mass. economy
- Worcester Business Journal: UMass medical device center’s economic impact
- WWLP: MassBenchmarks editorial board checks in on state economy
- Cape Cod Chronicle: Sustainability, By The Numbers
- Vineyard Gazette: Hospice care demand expected to grow
- Bloomberg Radio: Tourism Report shows industry plagued with low pay and high turnover