About Us: Economic & Public Policy Research
The Economic & Public Policy Research group (EPPR) provides unbiased analyses on the economic, demographic, workforce, and other public policy issues in Massachusetts, New England, and beyond. As a leading provider of applied economic and public policy research, we help our clients make informed decisions about strategic policy, planning, and investment issues. We produce in-depth studies that help clients build credibility, quantify impacts, gain visibility, educate constituents, prioritize investment, and plan economic development initiatives.
EPPR’s client-driven project assignments are supplemented and supported by long-term roles tracking the economic and demographic trends in Massachusetts and New England. For example, as the official State Data Center, we have unparalleled economic and demographic data experience and expertise in Massachusetts, including all US Census data products.
We also lead MassBenchmarks, an economic journal that presents timely information concerning the performance of and prospects for the Massachusetts economy, including economic analyses of key industries that make up the economic base of the state. Our affiliation with the University of Massachusetts positions us to tap into resources and expertise from the five-campus University system to promote the public’s understanding of critical economic and policy issues.
Recent News & Updates
- Linking COVID-19 cases with race, housing and socioeconomic status in Mass. spotlights inequalities
- New England Public Radio: Factors Behind Why Hampden County Has The State’s Highest Rate Of COVID-19
- MassLive: Massachusetts economy declined 6.1%; MassBenchmarks economists warn of more pain
- Worcester Telegram & Gazette: Worcester and Mass. residents slow to be counted for Census 2020
- Brockton Enterprise: An updated look at who coronavirus hits hardest in Massachusetts
- Donahue Data Dash: visualizing the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on MA’s communities of color
- Lottery Revenue and MGM Springfield: Statewide and Local Analysis
- COVID-19: A Message to Our Clients, Partners, Colleagues and Friends (UPDATED)