About Us: Applied Research & Program Evaluation
The Applied Research and Program Evaluation group (ARPE) provides research services and methodological and subject matter expertise to a broad client base. Our staff has experience in early education and care, K-12 education, higher education, public health, human services, and economic and workforce development, uniquely positioning us to bring comprehensive resources and diverse perspectives to our projects.
We routinely work with federal, state, and local agencies, school districts, quasi-public agencies, foundations, and not-for-profit organizations to help them address changes and challenges facing their organizations. Our research blends quantitative and qualitative methods to deliver findings that help our clients determine needs, assess outcomes, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Recent News & Updates
- Retaking previously failed high school courses online: Promising Practices
- Gloucester Daily Times: Rockport, Gloucester study sharing school services
- Gloucester Daily Times: Rockport Superintendent discusses research project by Institute
- WBUR Boston: The current and looming human service workforce crisis in Massachusetts
- MassLive and MetroWest Business Digest: Human service worker demographics study released
- New report details human services workforce demographics
- “How effective are you in carrying out a program?” Program evaluation may have the answer.
- The Berkshire Edge: Nonprofit Center of the Berkshires to hold program evaluation workshop