The Applied Research and Program Evaluation group (ARPE) provides research services and methodological and subject matter expertise to a broad client base. Our staff has experience in early education and care, K-12 education, higher education, public health, human services, and economic and workforce development, uniquely positioning us to bring comprehensive resources and diverse perspectives to our projects.
We routinely work with federal, state, and local agencies, school districts, quasi-public agencies, foundations, and not-for-profit organizations to help them address changes and challenges facing their organizations. Our research blends quantitative and qualitative methods to deliver findings that help our clients determine needs, assess outcomes, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Recent News & Updates
- Berkshire Eagle: Schools taking action to address declining enrollment
- Berkshire Eagle: Education task force to suggest radical reorganization of school district
- Online Courses for Credit Recovery in High Schools: Effectiveness and Promising Practices
- Commonwealth Magazine piece cites Berkshire County school study
- Worcester Telegram: Editorial on immigrants cites Institute study
- Taunton Daily Gazette: Human services workforce crisis threatens communities
- Multiple outlets: Competition with state hampers private social service employment
- Lowell Sun: Levying a tax of fee on nonprofits isn’t the answer (editorial)